Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy Fat Tuesday!

I have to say that a 4 day weekend was just what the doctor ordered!  I got all of my work (cake stuff) done on Friday.  To be honest, I can barely remember what all I had to do!!!  Is it crazy that I had to look at my facebook page to see what pictures I uploaded?  Oh, I made these adorable cupcakes for a friend who was hosting a baby shower.  There wasn't a specific theme to the shower, they just wanted to stick with the blues, browns,and greens.

And, my adorable neighbor Beau was celebrating his 3rd birthday.  He has to be the happiest kid I have ever met... he always has the biggest smile on his face!  He wanted a cookie cake for his birthday.  Now, those of you that know me, know that I LOVE COOKIE CAKES!!!  You know that place at the mall that sells them, well... I seriously have to convince myself that I don't need something from there when we do rarely go out to the mall.  The double doozie is my favorite... two chocolate chip cookies with frosting sandwiched in between.  YUM!  My hubby, knowing how much I love them,  had a lady that works with my mother-in-law make a giant one for me last year.  Um, it was fantastic!  Anyways, back to my story... I didn't want to make a plain cookie cake for Beau.  This was a chance to do something a little different.  I decided to make a 3 layer cookie cake, but too much frosting could make it unbearable...so I filled one layer with buttercream, and the other with chocolate ganache, decorated the top a bit, and VOILA.... 


On another note....  my kickstarter project already has 6 backers and $345 in generous donations!!!!  There is still plenty of time to check it out, pass it along to friends, and help support my "sweet dream".  


Here's the link...  KICKSTARTER- HOBBY BAKER WANTS TO GO PRO!


Happy Fat Tuesday y'all!!!

KICKSTARTER- HOBBY BAKER WANTS TO GO PRO!


No comments:

Post a Comment