Monday, February 13, 2012

I had such a busy weekend...and pictures to prove it!  My neighbor asked if I could make beautiful cupcakes for a friend's birthday, no specifics, just wanted them to be beautiful.  So I came up with these.... 2 Strawberries & Cream, 2 Chocolate Overload, 1 Red Velvet, and 1 Maple Bacon.

And not only did she want beautiful cupcakes, but she wanted them packaged pretty too!  So....I stayed up pondering all of the ways I could box them up to look nice.... a basket, a bouquet, a box with a ribbon...those are are too typical.  And then it hit me... I had ordered these fantastic cupcake boxes a few months ago and never had a chance to use them.  They are so adorably cute and can be decorated for any theme or occasion.  I just added some ribbon and a made a felt flower and voila!

Cupcakes were picked up Friday afternoon.  Meanwhile, I was busy working on 3 cakes that needed to be ready for Saturday.  The first was for my son's bus driver that was celebrating her 40th birthday.  She wanted a red velvet cake with a red lily.  The second was an Angry Birds cake!  I had to do lots of research for this one.  I wanted to make sure that all of the birds looked as close to the real thing as possible. I had my husband and 8 year old double checking all of my characters and giving input.  Perhaps I should've tried playing the game prior to doing the cake, lol!

My last cake Saturday was for my neighbor.  I was super excited to do a Cat In The Hat cake for him.  The thing about doing cakes for parties that your kids will be attending...is that every time my 3 year old walked in the kitchen and saw me working on Caleb's cake, he wanted to know if it was time to go to the party.  (Sigh)  The cake was not originally going to be a topsy turvy cake, but the more I thought about it, it seemed like it would be more fun and a little more fitting than a standard stacked cake. 

The kids had a great time at the party and everyone loved the cake!  It is such a good feeling to know that people truly enjoy what I create.


Tomorrow...Valentine's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment